Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sweet Dreams - Isaiah 9:6-7

This passages of scripture came to my mind just a few moments ago as I was about to shut down my laptop. I thought I would take a second and share with you.

Isaiah 9:6-7
"For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peace
there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this."

This is a passage that is often resounding during Christmas time, as well it should. However, God's word is not seasonal. It is alive and active every moment in all seasons of life. It is timeless and it is absolute TRUTH. This passage fills my heart with hope and joy as I think of Mighty God, our Everlasting Father entering this world as just a tiny little baby. My King, born in a stable. This Prince of Peace,  He washed feet, loved the outcast, and was completely humble and sovereign.

My thoughts tonight will rest in Him.
Pondering His might, peace, and the fact that I am a Daughter of the Most High King.

sweet dreams...

-jKw-

No comments:

Post a Comment